[AGENT++] Switching from net-snmp to agent++

Manuel Werlberger m.werlberger at avibit.com
Tue Aug 1 09:53:57 CEST 2006

Hi!

We did an implementation which makes use of net-snmp for getting and
setting snmp values. In addition we have to translate between OIDs and
the better readable "names" of the snmp variables. We decided to switch
to agent++ and completely remove net-snmp because also windows support
is needed.

For that reason i have two questions:
1. Is there a possibility to convert a snmp-variable name to the
corresponding OID? I didn't find anything...
2. When testing snmp++ gets and sets it seems to be quite slow in
comparison to net-snmp. Is there a possibility to speed things up? It
isn't that big deal because we will use async calls for snmp queries.
Because we have to do many queries within a real-time application speed
is a topic all the time. Maybe somebody came across a similar problem
and got a good solution to share :-).

Rgds,
 Manuel