[AGENT++] Switching from net-snmp to agent++

Harry ten Berge htenberge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:17:45 CEST 2006

Hi Manuel,

Whe're planning exactly the same operation due to the numerous problems with
the net-snmp libraries.
The only thing I can think of where net-snmp has an advantage over snmp++ is
that it has an OID resolver from numerical to textual and vice-versa.
This however can relatively easily be done with libsmi (
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/).

But it would be really, really nice if snmp++ got some kind of OID resolving
itself (libsmi is a not very actively maintained project and doesn't work
out-of-the-box on windows).

Regards Harry