[AGENT++] Controlling debug level w/n SNMP++...

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Aug 18 23:47:15 CEST 2006

Hi Greg,

>    Could you point me to any infomation that describes how to
> control the printing of debug messages from the library?
>
> I'm just writing some test code at the moment trying to learn how to
> use the library and I don't see how to affect the how/when
> internal debug logging gets printed to stdout.

look at snmpNext.cpp or at the agent++ examples main.cpp:

   // Set filter for logging
   DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(ERROR_LOG, 15);
   DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(WARNING_LOG, 15);
   DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(EVENT_LOG, 15);
   DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(INFO_LOG, 15);
   DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(DEBUG_LOG, 15);

If you set lower levels, you get less messages.