[AGENT++] (no subject)

Fehde, Marcus Marcus.Fehde at draeger.com
Wed Aug 30 08:55:14 CEST 2006

Hi Dario,

There's no native float-type available. We defined a textual convention
for float-type values basing on OCTET STRING:

Float ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION  "Character string representation of a float (real)
value.
                  Format: [-]d[d...].d[d...] or ''
                  The string may be '' to encode unavailable values.
                 "
    SYNTAX       OCTET STRING

Another solution could be a binary encoding following the IEEE
definition of a float or double representation.
It depends on your use case which one is appropriate. If you want to
display those values directly I would choose the first one.

Regards,
Marcus