[AGENT++] SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB implementation

Bushnaq, Ahmad ABushnaq at empirix.com
Fri Dec 8 21:34:26 CET 2006

Hi,

I did a walk on my system that is running an SNMP agent implemented with
Agent++. The author of the agent, who is no longer at the company,
explicitly implements the snmp community mib, and I'm wondering if
anyone could tell me why someone would do that? I'm asking especially
because I realized today that that MIB makes available all community
strings on the system... (is there a way to keep it implemented and stop
that from happening?)

Thanks,

Ahmad