[AGENT++] How to use Existing MIB, like CISCO-s?

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon Jul 10 09:35:39 CEST 2006

Hi Dario,

Dario maljur wrote:
> Hi
>
> .
>
> Say I want to use some existing MIB from some enterprise, like cisco or axis
>
> And I have that MIBs. How do I load that MIB on Agents Mib object.

In most cases, MIB information is used at compile time for agents.
That is, you generate stub code from the MIB modules and then
you instrument it (= filling in the code that actually gets the
information). You can do this for AGENT++ with AgenPro (see
http://www.agentpp.com/agen/agen.html).

> And another thing. Say I have some temperature reader, but that reader
>
> Has no MIB, Is there some default MIB to use? And when I make MibLeafs that
> I want

Yes, you can write your own MIB module. If you or your enterprise
do not have a enterprise ID yet, you can get one from IANA.
Below that root OID you may then define your own objects.

> How do I save it to disk, or do I have to make that leafs every time I start
> my agent?

You have to instantiate the classes each time, but the content
is/can be loaded automatically from disk by AGENT++. See
Mib::save_all() and Mib:init() for details.