[AGENT++] Mib::process_request doesn't initiate overloaded get_request

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Tue Jul 11 15:22:06 CEST 2006

Hi.

I'm using my class named Agent witch inherits from Agent++ Thread.

In my class I have run witch look like this

[code]

void I_cAgent::run()

{

      for (;;)

      {

      this->pReq = ReqList->receive(2);   //pReq is pointer to Request

            if (pReq) {

                       gData->AppendLog("Received something");

                       mib->process_request(pReq);

                      }

            else {

                  mib->cleanup();

[/code]

This is a Thread function.

I'm using Oid witch I registered in agent++ mib class;

Oid has value of "1.3.6.1.2.1.62.2.1" and it is set to READWRITE

I can use snmp++ get to get value of that OID and it's work fine.

But the problem comes when trying to set value of that object.

With is defined as RoomTemp::RoomTemp() :
MibLeaf("1.3.6.1.2.1.62.2.1",READWRITE, new SnmpInt32(0))

The message is sent without an error and it's received without the error.

But that's all. It's not executed by agent. Should't the
mib->process_request(pReq) initiate

RoomTem's overloaded get_request()? Because it doesn't even get to that
func;

Or does the mib by it self internally set's the value of given object?