[AGENT++] Problem with security level AuthPriv trap

Mayank G mayankthakore123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:21:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am sending traps using Snmpx::trap function. When using security level
AuthNoPriv everything works fine. Also, with AuthPriv, mibbrowser is able to
connect here and browse through mib. But with AuthPriv the trap function
returns success whereas I see no trap at receiving end. Since function is
returning success can I be assured that trap has been sent correctly?

I did the following:
1. added access entry with security level to vacm
2. added view for above access entry
3. added group for user with security level and above access entry string
4. added user to USM class with MD5 and DES
5. set the proper addr, username and model in the UTarget
6. set the security level (etc.) in the Pdu.
7. sent using Snmpx::trap

Is there some way of finding out what eventually gets sent?
I actually want to send traps which are encrypted and authorized. Should I
do it some other way?
I am going to try packet sniffer to see if it will help.
I am not sure if I am sending incorrectly or receiving incorrectly. please
help

Regards
Mayank

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is