[AGENT++] "Configurable" root OID

Pierre Pacchioni ppacch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 15:52:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to use a "configurable" root OID during
the generation of the agent (using AgenPro V2.1).
The idea is to be able to generate the agent code with "relative" OID (relative
to a configurable ROOT_OID), instead of  "absolute" OID and to be able to
"configure" this root OID at runtime.

Of course we can do that once the code is generated but in this case it will be
difficult for us to take advantage of AgenPro in case the agent evolve.
Thanks for any feedback (it's a PM requirement ...)
Cheers,
Pierre.