[AGENT++] Disabling Logging from application using SNMP++ (win32)

John McCaskey jmccaskey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:16:29 CET 2006

Hello,

Ok, here is my second question in my work to integrate SNMP++ into my
application as a replacement to Net-SNMP.  I have my own logging classes and
functions inside my application, and I wish to disable all logging output
directly from SNMP++.  I understand that I should do the following to set
the log file:

DefaultLog::init(new AgentLogImpl("C:\\snmp_pp.log"));

And the following to set filters:

DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(DEBUG_LOG, 15);

When I compile under win32 after linking snmp_pp dynamically I get issues
with:

PollingClient error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static
class AgentLog * DefaultLog::instance"
(?instance at DefaultLog@@1PAVAgentLog@@A)

I can't seem to quite figure out how to fix that, any suggestions?  I'd like
to be able to set the log file during dev work so I can utilize the debug
output, and I definately need to be able to disable/filter the output as its
generating a huge volume right now.

Thanks,

John