[AGENT++] management a non snmp agent

xiao.zhibin at zte.com.cn xiao.zhibin at zte.com.cn
Mon May 8 03:31:05 CEST 2006

Hello everyone:
At present,I am undertaking a project,which evolves a snmp agent to query
and retrieve info from a non snmp agent,.
Up to now, I just can exchange the info. between these two kings of agent
via the following steps:
1. when receiving a request from the management station. then in the
according Mib table's function "update",we will evoke the
   function to get information from the non snmp agent.
2 when the info retrieved,we fill it into the table,and return from the
"update" function.
3. Finally,the agent++ will fill proper info. that the request below
inquery,and send it to the management station.

However,I guess,this kind is not good enough,
too much thing is done in function in update.
Is there any mechanism to provide an effective perfomance.
Best regards

christ_shaw.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.