[AGENT++] Manager can access MIB without users are defined in Vacm

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Thu Nov 9 10:35:07 CET 2006

Hi, I have this situation:

vacm->addNewGroup(secModel,OctetStr(securityName.c_str()),
OctetStr(groupName.c_str()),storageType_volatile);

and after that I define views (r/w/n) for that group.

No users where define anywhere.

But I can still use manager to access OIDs. Just for using securityName
defined in addNewGroup. How come?

Manager is using securityName as read community, _and_ read community. I
can't change that.

It seems that defining users in vacm does not help at all.

How do I change write community in manager to differs from read comm?

I'm allso using v1 of protocol and  groups are defined with all 3
sec_models.