[AGENT++] MAX_SNMP_PACKET?

Dan message.board.buffer+agentpp_mailing_list at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 00:02:47 CET 2006

Thanks for the response.

I noticed that with SNMPv3 the manager sets what the max response can be,
but I'm using SNMPv2c, which I don't believe has that feature.  However,
even if I was using SNMPv3, my manager is set to have a max response size of
64k (max UDP size - I set it super-high to make sure that wasn't the
problem).

After a long chase through the source code of agent++ and snmp++, and adding
a bunch of LOGs to help debug what was going on, I finally got it working.
I think the problem was that snmpmsg.cpp was not being recompiled with my
make -f Makefile.linux from within snmp++/src.  After adding some LOGs to
that file, it forced it to get recompiled and then it started working
right.  Now I do a make clean -f Makefile.linux whenever changing a define!

-Dan