[AGENT++] help required

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sun Oct 8 16:57:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

> 1.   In SNMPv3 message format if i use
> SnmpSecurityModel as snmpv2 or snmpv1 then what does
> it mean.

this will result in a SNMPv2 or SNMPv1 message with the security name
used as community. So no USM configuration is needed.

> 2.  If i want to send snmp V2 trap with security i.e
> SNMP v3 using USM then what class should i use to send
> it.

"snmpv2 with security" is not "snmpv3".

> Up to my knowledge goes we have to use
> NotificationOriginator  class but i am not able to
> understand how NotificationOriginator ,
> snmpTargetAddressTable, snmpTargetParamsTable,
> snmpNotifyTable, snmpTargetAddrEntry and
> snmpTargetParamsEntry are related.

As these tables are standard, the RFCs should be a good source for
infomration. You can also look at
NotificationOriginator::add_vX_trap_destination() functions. These
functions add the neccessary entries to the tables.