[AGENT++] AgenPro2

Johnny Ljunggren johnny at navtek.no
Sat Oct 21 23:04:00 CEST 2006

Hello again

<snip question about using master AgentX++ example as basis of own master>

>> Is this an ok way of doing it?
>
> Yes, of course.

My bad wording. Is it a preferred way or are there better ways?
It works well as it is but there is one thing I am unsure of. When I start
net-snmp as a subagent it complains about a few OIDs that it cannot
register. By changing the net-snmp sourcecode slightly I finally got a
list of the MIBs/OIDs that it complained about:
SNMPv2-MIB
SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB
SNMP-MPD-MIB
SNMP-TARGET-MIB
SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB
SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB
SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB
IP-MIB::ip
TCP-MIB::tcp
UDP-MIB::udp
NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB::nlmLogTable
NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB::nlmLogVariableTable

I tried to comment some of the mib.add's in master.cpp but that only led
to crashes. So instead of just keep trying in the dark I try to ask this
group.
What is the proper way of dealing with this issue?

best regards
--
Johnny Ljunggren, Navtek AS