[AGENT++] AgenPro2

Johnny Ljunggren johnny at navtek.no
Sun Oct 22 16:01:34 CEST 2006

Hello Frank and list

> You may also use the templates in the AgentX++/agen/master/src directory.
> Which one you choose depends on your requirements.

Hmm, how would I know which one of those meet different requirements?
Looking through the code I find some differences:
-class RegDump (in example)
-Some difference in handling/setting up signals/command line args/logging
-Some difference in setting up the agentx comm. mode
-The example sets up a trap destination to localhost

BTW: in the agen src it seems that mib never gets new'ed when _SNMPv3 is
not defined. These two lines are in the example but not in agen:
#else
	mib = new MasterAgentXMib();

>> It works well as it is but there is one thing I am unsure of. When I
>> start net-snmp as a subagent it complains about a few OIDs that it cannot
>> register.
<snip some mibs>

> From my point of view, the
> NET-SNMP subagent should not try to register those MIBs.

This clears up a lot! I've tried compiling net-snmp without some modules,
tried different command line args etc, but they seem to stick. I'll pop
out a question on the net-snmp ml for further assistance.
However, what will happen if I just leave it as it is?

regards
--
Johnny Ljunggren, Navtek AS