[AGENT++] Agent's not responding to manager's request/

Dario maljur dmaljur at elma.hr
Fri Sep 29 13:58:22 CEST 2006

Hi all.

RFC 2578 in section 7 states:

The OBJECT-TYPE macro is used to define a type of managed object.  It
   should be noted that the expansion of the OBJECT-TYPE macro is
   something which conceptually happens during implementation and not
   during run-time.

   For leaf objects which are not columnar objects (i.e., not contained
   within a conceptual table), instances of the object are identified by
   appending a sub-identifier of zero to the name of that object.
   Otherwise, the INDEX clause of the conceptual row object superior to
   a columnar object defines instance identification information.

Witch, if I understand it correctly, means that manager adds .0 at the and
of MIB managed object

To distinguish table objects from other values.

But The Agent I wrote doesn't respond to the oid if the 0 Is added. How to
correct this?