[AGENT++] About V3 Inform

Santosh Akhilesh santoshakhilesh at huawei.com
Thu Sep 28 09:23:00 CEST 2006

Dear Frank ,
I have studied the output message and find something which may be the
reason:
	According to the SNMPv3 protocol,the engine id of the inform should
be the engine id of the receiver.So before it send an inform,the SNMP++ will
try to find the engine id of the receiver.It is just a normal engine id
discovery process,but the result of 3rd party MIBBrowser and SNMP++ reciever
are different.
	For example we want to send a inform to 1.1.1.1:999,then we first
send a request to 1.1.1.1:999 to find the engine id and the receiver will
return a report to tell us the engine id.The report sent back are diffrent
between the MIBBrowser and the SNMP++ receiver.The SNMP++ receiver will send
the report with the port it receive the inform(999).then the engine id will
be add to the engine id table with the key 1.1.1.1:999,then we can use this
engine id to send the inform.The MIBBrowser will return the report using
diffrent port(for example 1000),then the engine id will be add to the engine
id table with the key 1.1.1.1:1000,and when we want to send the inform we
find that we still can not find the engine id for 1.1.1.1:999 and will cause
a problem.
Regards,
Santosh Akhilesh