[AGENT++] changed default community, but trap not invoke

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Wed Apr 11 00:00:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

> But, after I applied below solution I got a trap problem.
>
> I changed default community ( not 'public') At that time, GET and SET
> was OK with changed community string. but, I failed to receive trap
> from manager.
>
> ( I could't see the TRAP packet on the ethernet packet capture
> program)
>

> After , I changed community to 'public' I got a trap from agent.
>

> Is ther any missing point below solution, especially for TRAP ?

most likely your agent uses the add_v1_trap_destination() function. In
the current agent++ release this function uses a hard coded "public"
community string.

You can either change the community within
NotificationOriginator::add_v1_trap_destination() function or you can
download the latest snapshot from http://oosnmp.com/~katz/snapshot/ and
use the following code in your agent:
no.add_v1_trap_destination(dest, "defaultV1Trap", "v1trap",
"secretcommunity");