[AGENT++] Master/subagent question

michael.carr at bt.com michael.carr at bt.com
Mon Apr 16 17:31:29 CEST 2007

Hi all,

This is a general question on how something might be done...

I'm going to run a master agent on our hardware and have several
applications running on the same hardware that are subagents.  Via a
configuration file of some sort the applications that are supposed to be
running will be known.  I'd like to be able to check whether the
applications that are supposed to be running are indeed running and if
not raise a trap.

One possibility would be to have the master read the configuration file
and via queries to the subagents determine which aren't running and so
raise traps for them.

Another possibility is to have a separate application that reads the
configuration file and queries the master as to what applications are
running and so raise traps for them.

Is this sort of thing that is normally done?  Is this the right
way/approach to do it?  If not what is?

Cheers,
Mike