[AGENT++] Question about AGENT++

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Dec 21 22:43:21 CET 2007

Hi,

> Hi, I want to migrate AGENT to our device. but i got confusion about
> the relationship between the AGENT++ and SNMP++. Depends on the
> document . I think SNMP++ just can run on the windows/unix, and
> AGENT++ run based on SNMP++, is it correct? It sounds i can't use
> AGENT++ separately. it sounds i need use AGENT++ with SNMP++,

yes, agent++ depends on snmp++ and cannot be used without snmp++.

> but i still need the winsnmp.

No. Winsnmp was used by older snmp++ 2.x versions. snmp++ 3.x no longer
depends on winsnmp.

> So how can i migrate AGENT++ to our device.
> our device don't have real OS, so i need to deal with socket program
> and flash program. Does anyone give me some suggestion?

Just download snmp++/agent++ and use one of the Makefile.XXX and see
what happens. Feel free to send compilation errors to the list or
directly to me.