[AGENT++] AgentX++ subagent and net-snmp

john.edmonds at bt.com john.edmonds at bt.com
Thu Dec 27 19:33:41 CET 2007

Hi,

I have now built net-snmp 5.4.1 for the PowerPC 82xx platform and I am running Net-SNMP as AgentX master and AgentX++ as a SubAgent for my enterprise MIB.

I notice that in the nsModuleTable (NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB) a large number of rows have been created, exactly one row for each parameter in my AgentXSharedTables in my AgentX++ SubAgent.  There are 750 parameters in my AgentX++ shared tables and 750 rows have been created.  I notice that other net-snmp MIB tables have only one row in the nsModuleTable regardless of the number of parameters in the table.

Is this to be expected as a result of the AgentX protocol?  Region or row registration?  Could it be the result of the way indexes are allocated when using shared tables?  Any thoughts gratefully received.

Best regards,
John Edmonds