AW: [AGENT++] newbie: How to send trap via agent++?

John Mudd johnbmudd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:23:55 CET 2007

I see.  I just did a search and read that traps can be lost because
they use UDP and UDP is not guaranteed.  The network can also be down.

I'm going to check with others but I think our plan is to send
heartbeat traps.  That way if the heartbeats don't arrive then someone
monitoring the system will have a clue that traps are being lost.

We also will resend linkDown type traps so long as the component is
down, every 30 seconds or so.

I'll double check if anyone expects my program  to service requests.

I think your approach makes more sense and it helps me to at least
understand how this is supposed to work.

Thanks to you and Jochen for your replies,
John