[AGENT++] Migrating from SNMP Research to AGENT++

Ramasubramanian Venkataraman venkiram_be at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 4 15:47:25 CET 2007

Hi all,

We are using SNMP research emanate(15.2.1.36)as a MasterAgent in our code. But going forward we are going to use AGENT++ as its supports V3 and its features.

Usually the stups were created by the emanate compilers and we extended our code in the stups.
So in the code we are opening a socket call to the MasterAgent and get the events if any. Based on that we are doing appropriate functions. So mostly our product is closely coupled with the emanate. All the SmiToMy and mosy,premosy are taken care my emanate.

So is there any migration plan(doc) or any suggestion to start the changes?

Please point me some good docs and links if any....

Thanks,
Venkataraman