[AGENT++] Agentpp namespace

Johnny Ljunggren johnny at navtek.no
Thu Jan 4 23:31:44 CET 2007

Hello all

When trying to not use the Agentpp namespace I ran into some problems.
First of all in agent_pp/agent++.h these lines puzzled me:
#ifdef __GNUC__
#if (__GNUC__ > 2) || ((__GNUC__ == 2) && (__GNUC_MINOR__ >= 91))
#define AGENTPP_NAMESPACE
#endif
#endif

This means that AGENTPP_NAMESPACE always will be defined (at least on my
system). What is the reasoning for this?

I wanted to push my luck and changed AGENT_NAMESPACE to
AGENT_NAMESPACE.unused. When trying to compile a simple testprogram I got
a lot of similar errors:
Undefined reference to 'vtable for Oidx'.

I went back to using the namespace but would like to get some info on this
behaviour.

Thanks in advance
--
Johnny Ljunggren, Navtek AS