[AGENT++] Updating from agent++ 3.2a

Johnny Ljunggren johnny at navtek.no
Thu Jan 4 23:48:12 CET 2007

Hello again

I've been assigned the task of updating an application that uses a
/really/ old version of agent++. It seems that most of the changes I need
to do are quite simple but I would like some input to a couple of issues.

1. snmp_mpd_mib
The old application includes this mib but now it seems that most of the
methods etc. reside in snmp_pp/mp_v3.h.
So what is this mib used for and how should I go about updating the
application in this regards?

2. Security/community
This is all I can find on setting community:
    RequestList::set_snmp(&snmp);
    RequestList::set_read_community(new OctetStr("public"));
    RequestList::set_write_community(new OctetStr("public"));
Am I correct in thinking that I can swap these calls for the way it is
done in one of the examples in agent++/example directory? With
vacm-settings etc.

best regards
--
Johnny Ljunggren, Navtek AS