[AGENT++] Updating from agent++ 3.2a

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Jan 5 21:11:57 CET 2007

Hi (3),

> 1. snmp_mpd_mib
> The old application includes this mib but now it seems that most of the
> methods etc. reside in snmp_pp/mp_v3.h.
> So what is this mib used for and how should I go about updating the
> application in this regards?

it was moved to another file and renamed.
* Removed snmp_mpd_mib.*. The MPD group is now part of the
  USM (v3_mib.*).

You are possibly searching the mib added through MPDGroup().

> 2. Security/community
> This is all I can find on setting community:
>     RequestList::set_snmp(&snmp);
>     RequestList::set_read_community(new OctetStr("public"));
>     RequestList::set_write_community(new OctetStr("public"));
> Am I correct in thinking that I can swap these calls for the way it is
> done in one of the examples in agent++/example directory? With
> vacm-settings etc.

There was another thread about communities a few days ago. Yes, if
SNMPv3 is enabled set_read/write_community() cannot be used, instead the
community mib should be used (although the other thread shows that
communitiy mib can be avoided) with the necessary vacm settings.