Antwort: [AGENT++] please guide me about the MIB definition andimplemention of a subagent

Leo Lei nsinit at 163.com
Wed Jan 31 07:50:43 CET 2007

Jens Engel£º

	thank you!

>1a. With SNMPv3 you could also use SNMP-CONTEXT name (as part of the SNMP
>header) to distinguish information from subagents.
 thank you, you remind me of something. i will dive in it.

>But then you need to use "Shared Tables".
>With SharedTables you have the problem that a user cannot create rows
>directly (in an generic SNMP master agent).
>Because the SNMP master will normally not know to which subagent, a row
>creation should be delegated.
i only want to implement a read-only table. but i will know more above you say.
thank you!

>Just curious, why you need the "infoTable".
let me give more details.
i am implementing a subagent on one device, so many devices of this kind(implementing the SAME MIB)
will connect and register at the same master who reside on a software system
managing these devices centrally. in this MIB, you have provided some tables such as
ipTalbe(for multiple IPs),cpuTalbe(for multiple CPUs) and so on. these tables are mentioned
as the infoTale for demonstration purpose.

>Each subagent connects itself via AgentX to its SNMP master agent
>(listening on its AgentX port).
>Therefore, the subagent needs the Master IP address (or UNIX pipe) on
>subagent startup.
yeah, the subagent get the master's ip address by reading it's own configuration file.
and then connected and registered at the master though TCP SOCKET but not AF_UNIX.

>On the other side, the SNMP master agent needs to accept the subagents IP
>address(es)
>-> Normally it accepts only its own IP address (for security reasons).
>-> Can be configured in Agent++/AgentX++
yeah, the master had disable agentppAgentXExtSrcAddrValidation, so it can accept any connections
from subagents anywhere.