[AGENT++] LOGGING mechanism for AGENT++,snmp++

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Jul 10 22:42:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

> 1) IS there any way to change the mode of the SNMP
> Agent. i.e i want to run the agent in only V3 mode so
> it couldn't take any V1 requests. Al later point of
> time i would like to switchover to V1 mode.

it's not possible to disable v1/v2 through compile config, but you can
configure the VACM to disable access for v1/v2 requests. And you can
filter requests in the main function: Instead of calling
process_request() you can call remove_request() to ignore the request.

> 2) What is the queue size in AGENT++. In my test
> application with the higher rate of requests, agent++
> response seems to be slow. FYI, i have disabled all
> the LOGGING and for a less traffic the performance is
> good.
>
> If the queue and number of threads can be configurable
> please let me know.

Are you writing about the thread pool size? You can call
Mib::set_thread_pool() to set a non default thread pool.

> 3) The licensing attachment and the pricing lists days
> that the AGENT++ code is free and the source code can
> be modifed and linked to the binary.
>
>     I would like to use this library for a commercial
> purpose.
> Please let me know if I can still use the library.

Yes, you can use it for a commercial (binary only) product.

> Also i would like to know whether agent++ and SNMP++
> come under GPL3.1.

The license is not GPL, and I cannot say if it would be possible to
switch to GPL. The license was written by HP. At least the license seems
to be good enough for Debian:
http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20070518.094103.eef622b2.en.html