[AGENT++] Trap destinations

michael.carr at bt.com michael.carr at bt.com
Mon May 14 16:02:52 CEST 2007

Thanks Frank, you've answered those questions nicely... I've a few more
though...

If I disabled v3 support (in order to reduce the footprint size - see my
other thread/email) are SNMP-TARGET-MIB and SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB still
used to set the trap destinations?  I was under the impression these
MIBs were added as part of v3 but going on the example master code
they're not excluded from a build when v3 is disabled.

If indeed SNMP-TARGET-MIB and SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB were introduced by
v3, what mechanism for trap destinations did v1 & v2 use prior to v3?
This is probably a really basic question but I'm still learning about
SNMP etc. so you'll have to bare with me :)

Also, what is the purpose of the call to
"allow_agentx_tcp_from_localhost();"?  The comment before the call has
me puzzled since it gets disabled when v3 is disabled - unless the
comment is referring to the VACM entries?

Thanks,
Mike