[AGENT++] MibTable conceptual/practical use?

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Sep 10 20:30:20 CEST 2008

Hello Daniel,

Daniel C wrote:
> Example:
> I have 2 variables that I want to watch, so I add a column for each.

If you have a fixed number of two variables,
you should use 2 scalar (MibLeaf) instances.

> I add a row for the instances.
> So, why would I want add more rows?

For other sets of instances of those variables?

> As far as I have red the value is clone between rows.

No, this is a misunderstanding. The default value
of the template row (which exists in the agent
in that table exactly once) is copied (cloned)
into each real row. The template row is not
visible to SNMP.