[AGENT++] Re: Getting agent++ to build under Mac OS X

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Feb 6 23:11:27 CET 2009

Hi,

@Frank: there is a question for you below ;-)

> 1. I am building snmp++ and agent++ with _NO_THREADS defined.  I have

this is not necessary, as threads can be enabled.

> undefined HAVE_GETHOSTBYADDR_R and HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R.  I think there

Yes, but this should not be a proble,.

> might be some hope here, as now I think the error message has changed to
> 'Agentpp::OidList<Agentpp::MibGroup>size() constin threads_sh.o and
> mib_sh.o'. (Unless I earlier copied the wrong error message from XCode
> instead of the terminal.)

It seems that lines like the following trigger this error:
#if !defined (AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBGROUP)
#define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBGROUP
   AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL template class AGENTPP_DECL OidList<MibGroup>;
#endif

As far as I know these declarations are needed for Windows VC++. Frank,
do you know more?

> 3. It might be a shot in the dark, but I can't help but wonder if Mac OS
> two-level namespace could be making an issue?
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/compiling/chapter_4_section_7.html

No, this is not the issue.