[AGENT++] Getting agent++ to build under Mac OS X

Xochitl Lunde Xochitl_Lunde at tripplite.com
Fri Feb 13 01:45:30 CET 2009

> did you try to comment out the template declarations?
> An easy way could be in agent++.h:
>
> #ifdef __APPLE__
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBSTATICENTRY
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBENTRY
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBENTRY
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBGROUP
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBENTRY
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBLEAF
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ORDEREDLIST_MIBLEAF
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ORDEREDARRAY_MIBLEAF
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBTABLE
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBTABLEROW
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_MIBTABLEVOTER
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLSIT_MIBTABLEROW
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ORDEREDLIST_MIBTABLEROW
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ARRAY_MIBCONFIGFORMAT
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_MIBCONTEXT
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLIST_PROXYFORWARDER
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ARRAY_MIBENTRY
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ARRAY_THREAD
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_ARRAY_TASKMANAGER
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_RUNNABLE
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_LOCKREQUEST
> #define AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_LIST_VIEWNAMEINDEX
> #endif

I had tried messing around with USE_ARRAY_TEMPLATE some, but your change
initially seems to do the trick! Wow, thank you.  I hadn't gotten to
looking at those particular lines of code yet, because I had some other
tasks to do here at work with other libraries.  I will do some more
testing with this change in Agent++.  I had some trouble with it at first
until I realized AGENTPP_DECL_TEMPL_OIDLSIT_MIBTABLEROW was a typo in
code, not just in email. mib.h line 1220, 'LSIT' instead of 'LIST'.  I'll
fix that in my initial Agent++ patch once I test with this a little more.
Did you get my initial patch files?

I'll probably build and try out one or two of the Agent++ examples and
also try to build AgentX++ next.  As far as I can tell, these are the last
two pieces which our in-house product software build needs to produce an
executable. Here's hoping!

Xochitl Lunde-Monzon