[AGENT++] How to use openssl instead of libdes together with snmp++?

Yasemin YILMAZ yaseyilmaz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:37:54 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have used MS VC++ Project Files (agentpp-msvc7.zip from downloaded from
agentpp.com) to create agent++/snmp++ libraries. And dynamicLIB's project
dependecies show that snmp++ depends on libdes.

I have unchecked libdes dependency and uncommented  '#define _USE_OPENSSL'
line in config_snmp_pp.h of snmp_pp project. But compiling failed with
following error. OpenSSL library and it's include files are copied into
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC on windows operating system.
How should I configure to compile snmp++ together with openssl?

Please clarify that topic..

Thanks a lot for your helps and explanations,

Compiling...
Assembling: ..\..\..\libdes\asm\win32.asm
MASM : fatal error A1000:cannot open file : ..\..\..\libdes\asm\win32.asm
Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 9.00.21022.08
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
Custom Build Step"
Generating Code...
Linking...
   Creating library ..\Debug/snmp_pp.lib and object ..\Debug/snmp_pp.exp
auth_priv.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SHA1_Final
referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall
AuthSHA::password_to_key(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char
const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int *)"
(?password_to_key at AuthSHA@@UAEHPBEI0IPAEPAI at Z)
..\Debug/snmp_pp.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals

Best regards,
Yasemin

*
*