[AGENT++] How to use openssl instead of libdes together with snmp++?

Yasemin YILMAZ yaseyilmaz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 11:17:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to say how does this problem solve in order to help other agent++
users encountering same problem. I have added libeay32MDd.lib to linker's
additional dependencies and now snmp++ works with openssl succesfully. Using
AGENT++'s Visual C++ dynamicLIB solution, how to generate libraries using
openssl instead of libdes together with snmp++ is the following written:

. Open 'Solution Properties'
   . under 'Configuration Properties', uncheck 'libdes'
   . under 'Common Properties', select 'Project Dependencies'
     select snmp_pp from 'Project' listbox then uncheck 'libdes'

. Open 'snmp_pp Project Properties'
   . remove libdes include directory from C/C++ Additional Include
Directories
   . add libeay32MDd.lib for debug or libeay32MD.lib for release to
Linker-Input-Additional Dependencies

. uncomment '_USE_OPENSSL' definition in config_snmp_pp.h
   #define _USE_OPENSSL

Note: Of course, OpenSSL is installed according to it's manual on windows
platform.

Best regards,
Yasemin