[AGENT++] snmp++ request and response mismatch

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Aug 24 21:35:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I am currently using snmp++ in vc++ 2008. In my app, multi-thread use the
> same snmp instance to send async request to a snmp proxy. The snmp proxy
> distribute the requests to separate agents and return the result to my app.
> But sometimes the vb count returned in the callback function is different to
> the vb count in the request. Is that a bug? How can I avoid it? Thanks.

what version of snmp++ do you use? Maybe this does not occur with the
latest version. For SNMPv3 message d creation was fixed in 3.2.23.

In what way do the Vbs differ? Is the wrong callback called? Is there
just one additional Vb? At the end or at the front? What is the Oid?
Which proxy do you use? ... More details please...