[AGENT++] snmp++ request and response mismatch

Wang Fang wangfangcs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:29:10 CEST 2010

I am using snmp++v3.2.24.tar.gz, agent++v3.5.30.tar.tar, crypt-1.17.tar.bz2,
libdes-l-4.01a.tar.gz, SNMPv2.
The requst:
requst id:1061
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.10.1.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.10.2.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.10.4.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.100.1.0

The response:
request id:1061
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.11.1.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.11.2.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.11.3.0
1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.1.1.1.11.5.0

There is only one callback function, and the request oids is passed to
callback through the last parameter. The proxy is running in Ubuntu and it's
written with snmp++v3.2.24.tar.gz, agent++v3.5.30.tar.tar. The proxy works
fine with serial requests.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Jochen Katz <katz at agentpp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I am currently using snmp++ in vc++ 2008. In my app, multi-thread use the
> > same snmp instance to send async request to a snmp proxy. The snmp proxy
> > distribute the requests to separate agents and return the result to my
> app.
> > But sometimes the vb count returned in the callback function is different
> > the vb count in the request. Is that a bug? How can I avoid it? Thanks.
>
> what version of snmp++ do you use? Maybe this does not occur with the
> latest version. For SNMPv3 message d creation was fixed in 3.2.23.
>
> In what way do the Vbs differ? Is the wrong callback called? Is there
> just one additional Vb? At the end or at the front? What is the Oid?
> Which proxy do you use? ... More details please...
>
> Regards,
>  Jochen

Best Regards,
Wang Fang