[AGENT++] autoconf patch

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 23 12:07:43 CEST 2010

2010/9/24 Jens Rehsack <rehsack at googlemail.com>:
> Hi there,

Hi all,

> you can find a patch which applies autoconf to snmp++-3.2.25 and
> agent++-3.5.31 at http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/agent++/.

Newer autotools patch (against upstream versions, not against last
patch) is on http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/agent++/ (this time with
date prefix ^^).

> To be fair, I encounter a linking issue on HP-UX 11.nn/hppa in 32-bit
> mode using g++-4.2.3 (see
> http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1449170)

We have an assumption how to solve it but still untested, so the issue
is still open.

> and there is a linking issue when providing static libraries for
> openssl in a special directory (--with-libssl-prefix). I'm working on
> it and keep you updated.

Solved.

> ToDo (beside issues):
> - win32 tests (I have no platform to do this)

Still open (probably someone else can do the test and give me feedback).

> * snmp++
>  - enable/disable logging, namespace

Done.

>  - integrating pkg-config into SEARCH_LIB_FLAGS

Done

>  - removing duplicated flags from LIBS/CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/...

Done

>  - HAVE_POLL_SYSCALL => HAVE_POLL & testing

Open

>  - NetBSD tests :)

Open

> * agent++
>  - enable/disable proxy-forwarding, namespace

Done (for both, proxy & proxy_forwarder)

>  - using snmp++ configuration

Done

>  - bind addresses only (listen on)

Open

>  - extend vacm to "from where" (like netsnmp supports)

Open

Best regards,
Jens