[AGENT++] How to use ProxyForwarder to forward requests to external snmp-daemon or another oid?

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 26 19:09:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

while writing smart-snmpd we have to make a decision: implement some
currently used
netsnmp ucd-mibs or use the ProxyForwarder?

I personally would prefer the ProxyForwarder - but I couldn't figure
out how to set it up
which requests shall be forwarded to
a) another oid, and
b) an external (2nd) snmpd on the same host but another port

Our migration from netsnmp must be done in 2 steps - 1st replace the
snmpd by our own,
and 2nd (when all is running fine), our monitoring scripts will be
rewritten to use the new
oids.

Thanks for help,
Jens