[AGENT++] SNMP++ support for 64 bits values??

Vijay Kumar vjkumar2003 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:18:50 CEST 2011

Hi Ricardo,
This was a problem with the library on all the 64-bit architectures which
was fixed in the subsequent versions.
The fix is a one liner solution in the file asn1.cpp.
The problem was that the library was not able to parse the incoming SNMP
messages. This is due to the reason that sizeof long is 8 bytes while sizeof
int is 4 bytes on the 64-bit machine while size of both int and long is 4
bytes on a 32-bit architecture.

The fix is in asn1.cpp file.
Check the below link for the fixed line: -
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/agentpp/2009-February/004401.html
After the change, re-compile and generate the library and try testing again.
It will work with the above mentioned fix.

*NOTE*: -As an alternative, If you take the next higher versions of snmp++
(v3.2.23)/agent++ code, this problem will not surface.

Thanks,
Vijay N.