[AGENT++] Way to temporarily disable AgentX subagent from the master agent ?

Jacquemin, Jean-Philippe jean-philippe.jacquemin at barco.com
Fri Aug 23 14:05:29 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I have implemented a subagent using the AgentX++ library (running on a different board) and have added support for it in the main agent.
It all works fine. Values are red correctly and traps and sent from the subagent through the main agent.
However I have a mode in the main agent called "maintenance mode" where I allow the electronics to be serviced and I disable the traps during that time, because they are triggered by the service action.
However with the implementation of the subagent, the master can disable its own traps, but cannot do it for the subagent.

Is there a mechanism foreseen to temporarily disable the communication with the subagent or something like that ?
Or even to transmit some specific data to the subagent via the AgentX protocol, so that the subagent could also turn itself into "maintenance mode" as well ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Jean-Philippe

This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer