[AGENT++] IPv6 bug on Windows platform

Marcus Frenkel marcus.frenkel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:51:32 CET 2013

Hi

I use MSVC2010 compiler on Windows 7 64bit and Windows SDK 7.1. I was
wrong earlier, inet_pton is supported on Windows as documented here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc805844%28v=vs.85%29.aspx but
it's not recognized on my system. In any case I think that the code
successfully compiled with inet_pton will not be portable for versions
of Windows earlier than Vista. Windows XP may not supported IPv6
natively but there are utilities that can enable it. For my case I can
just avoid using inet_pton completely since I test the validity of the
address before sending it to SMNP++.

Best Regards,
Marcus