[AGENT++] Multiple SNMP agents in single application

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Mar 8 21:14:33 CET 2013

Hi,

> I need to host the same MIB at multiple ports within a single application.
> Each hosted MIB (at a different port) will end up accessing different data
> within the application.
>
> Can I do this within agent++/snmp++? If so, how? I see that instances are
> used for each MIB object, so I am unsure how I can have a single MIB that
> is hosted multiple times access different data within a single application.

there can only be one instance of agent++ Mib class in an application
and the same is true for other classes of agent++/snmp++.

You can add your MIB objects for several contexts and then either use
SNMPv3 with different contextEngineIDs or map several SNMPv1/v2c
communities to the different contexts.