[AGENT++] Agent++ license clarification

Torsten Fleischer torfl6749 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:06:04 CEST 2015

Hi Frank,

thanks for the response.

I found this copyright notice in the following files:

avl_map.h/.cpp
map.h/.cpp
mib_avl_map.h/.cpp
mib_map.h/.cpp
oidx_defs.h

The reason, why I need the clarification, is that I wan't to use the
Agent++ library on an embedded device.
For all the open source I use on that device, I have to ship the license
texts and, depending on the license, the sources too.

First of all, for the Agent++ library I have to ship the Apache 2 license
text. The generated files in turn imply that I also have to ship the Library
GNU Public License 2.

If I understood it right, the Agent++ distribution contains the Agent++
library and due to the generated files additionally a part of libg++.

Is it correct, when I state in my licensing document that the Library
GNU Public License 2 applies to the libg++ generated files of the
Agent++ software?

Bestr Regards,
Torsten Fleischer