[SNMP4J] Syntax type "STRING"

Dennis Willam dwillam at web.de
Mon Nov 1 13:15:17 CET 2004

hi frank,

thanx for your quick response. after that i tried snmpv2c (v3 is not
supported by the agent(device)) and i really got a different error status
back. now it was 7 (wrong type) instead of 3 (bad value).
consulting the mib i use (i got it from a third party) the "DisplayString"
i described in my first email is nothing else than an "OctetString".
seems to me, the problem is on the side of the agent.
by the way: what is the difference between "bad value" and "wrong value"?

bye und thx,
dennis