[SNMP4J] SNMP4J receiving traps in J2EE application server

steve.van_den_berghe at alcatel.be steve.van_den_berghe at alcatel.be
Thu Oct 14 16:59:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am currently working with SNMP4J in BEA Weblogic. I have very good
experiences with it and I would like to thank the authors for writing this
software.

Now, I would like to receive traps inside the application server, for this
I will create an transportmapping and snmp instance, add a
commandresponder etc. and then finally call transport.listen... as was
explained already on this board.

However, how/where should I do this in the application server as the
server is completely in control of the creation and deletion of the
objects/threads? I cannot do it in a EJB or the servlets.

Can someone please explain how I can integrate a trap listening function
within the application server?

Thanks,
Steve