[SNMP4J] SNMP4J receiving traps in J2EE application server

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Oct 14 23:41:39 CEST 2004

Hi Steve,

Most application servers support something that is called
"StartUpBean" (WebSphere). These kind of beans are
called when an application is started. This is the right
location to initialize your SNMP4J trap receiver.

EJB 2.1 defines a timer service which could provide
a more portable way than using StartUpBeans.

Which one to choose primarily depends on your
requirements and your environment (AppServer).

Hope this helps anyway.