[SNMP4J] Query regarding SET operations in a Table

partha.neogi at wipro.com partha.neogi at wipro.com
Mon Oct 18 14:14:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am Partha from India. Just started using your tool today, it looks
good, however I have a few queries regarding the SET operation that is
being performed by your tool. I am using the command line interaface to
carry out the SET operation for ceratin fields in a table. In the table
there are 8 fields, out of those two are index fields and they are both
showing a status of 'not-accessible'. There is another row status entry
defined. Besides these, there are 4 read-write fields and one read-only
field. So what is the best way to add a new row into the table, is it
possible with your tool, if yes, please tell me the exact process to
follow for that. The SET operations are working alright for any
non-table OID, but they are failing with the following message when
trying to SET values for field(s) in a table :

E:\SNMP4J\snmp4j_tool>SNMP4J -c private -v 2c -p SET udp:10.42.2.64/161
"1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.56.1.1.2.1.6={s}Testing"
Response received with requestID=1994868897, errorIndex=1,
errorStatus=11
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.56.1.1.2.1.6 = Testing

Also does the 'not-accessible' and 'read-only' fields hamper the
addition of the new row into the said table.

An early reply would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Partha

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately