[SNMP4J] About UGLI and log4j

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at 9online.fr
Thu Apr 7 17:33:13 CEST 2005

Le 7 avr. 05, à 17:14, Gregor B. Rosenauer a écrit :

>> Wasn't the switch to log4j 1.3 a litte to fast ?
> Don't get mislead by the "alpha"-tag. This is a proven and reliable
>> DailyRollingFileAppender is missing, and chainsaw too, amongst a lot
>> of other things.
> What's wrong with org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender ?
> It is recommended by the author of the old DailyRollingFileAppender
> and offers even more flexibility.

Alpha is not only in the bug, but the overall usability of the
application. A lot of things disappears witout any warning, so it
breaks my application. If RollingFileAppender is better than
DailyRollingFileAppender, no problem for me. But a warning would have
been better.
Not everybody can change is logging system just because snmp4j or other
application like the new one better.