Fwd: [SNMP4J] Problem with SecurityProtocols in SNMP4J

Kevin J. Schmidt kjschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:44:16 CEST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin J. Schmidt <kjschmidt at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 3, 2005 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [SNMP4J] Problem with SecurityProtocols in SNMP4J
To: Marcin Kokoszka <m.kokoszka at wp.pl>
Cc: snmp4j at agentpp.org.

You need to edit your Java policy file on the PC and add:

permission java.util.PropertyPermission "org.snmp4j.securityProtocols", "read";

You can leave "org.snmp4j.securityProtocols" as is if you haven't
created your own plugable security protocol implementation.

You may also need to add something like the following if the PC will
be sending traps:

permission java.net.SocketPermission "*:162", "connect,resolve";

On 8/3/05, Marcin Kokoszka <m.kokoszka at wp.pl> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm developing application with snmp and i'm using SNMP4J, It works very good, but sometimes I have a problem with security protocols:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Could not read 'SecurityProtocols.properties' from classpath!
>         at org.snmp4j.security.SecurityProtocols.addDefaultProtocols(SecurityProtocols.java:103)
>         at org.test.TrapReceiverThread.listen(TrapReceiverThread.java:120)
>         at org.test.TrapReceiverThread.run(TrapReceiverThread.java:184)
>         at org.test.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:63)
>
> I don't know how to resolve this problem, what is strange this exception appears only at one PC (at the others it works without any exceptions)
>
> Could anyone help me with this ???
>
> Best regards
> Marcin

Kevin J. Schmidt